Thursday, June 26, 2008

Zoho? Is that a neighborhood in New York?

So this week we're working with "online productivity applications". These can include word processing or project management applications. Quite useful for anyone who doesn't want to pay a few hundred to buy the Microsoft software package. I'm currently typing this document using Zoho writer; two seconds to sign up and I'm good to go. It has a lot of the features I can find on my Microsoft Word document. Is this something we can use in the library? Certainly. I've had plenty of patrons complain about being unable to bring up their documents on our computers due to incompatible software. If they used something like Zoho they could easily sign-in, open their resume or angry letter to Comcast, and print. It's definitely something worth exploring.

No comments: