Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Exercising in the Mind Gym

Web 2.0 - It's many things to many people. What does it mean to you?

I honestly don't know how to answer that question. When I was in library school we often talked about Library 2.0. And we talked. And we talked. And we talked. So I'm a little weary of any phrases ending in "2.0". As a library patron I've seen some definite changes in my library...downloadable audio books, "Ask a Librarian" live chatting, federated searching capabilities of library databases. The library is no longer a building but a 24-hour information center. That is what Library 2.0 really means for me: easy access to information.

Still, I'd like to see more interaction between my library and the patrons; either a presence in Facebook or a blog where they can get feedback. A collaborative partnership between the library and its users would ensure its place in the community for years to come.


No comments: