Sunday, June 15, 2008

Wikity Wikity Wikity Wack

This week in the exciting world of Web 2.0 we learned a little something about wikis. My knowledge of wikis has been limited to Wikipedia of which I've always been a little wary. The idea that Joe Blo can go online and add his "knowledge" of...I don't know...the Battle of Gettysburg led me to believe that it was not a reliable source.

However, I do see the advantages of wikis as a collaborative tool. I'm moving into a new place next month with my boyfriend and asked him if we could start a wiki. I can add links to websites for furniture stores, add lists of things we need to do before we move in, etc. It's an easy way to communicate on projects for work, school, and home.

I played around a little with our library's wiki and added my blog and my favorite book (Of Human Bondage...if you haven't read it, do it now). So it's pretty cool.

2 comments:

Amanda Coppedge Bosky said...

The moving in together wiki is the NERDIEST THING EVAR. Yet cute at the same time. :)

Hermes-san said...

How has Paul seen this magical Yosio wiki and I haven't?