Friday, May 23, 2008

Fun with Flickr


Jayme
Originally uploaded by jaymerae
4 posts in and I think I've made some breach in blogging etiquette by not providing an introductory post. I believe all blogs should state a specific purpose about what the blogger is trying to communicate - whether it's about one's profession, one's politics, or one's terrier named Sir Barks-a-lot.

So brief introduction because I like to keep all things simple: My name is Jayme and I'm a librarian. I think the title "librarian" sums up a lot about me - my vocation, my interests, and my personality. Just imagine your typical bookworm and you'll have a good idea of who I am. The only question it doesn't answer is why I'm here (wherever "here" is). I'm here because the library where I work has found a fun and easy way to train us on new Web technology. Last week it was setting up our blogger account; this week it's having fun with Flickr. I already have a Flickr account, but now I can post my pictures to my blog. As you can see from this picture, I can also upload photos from my Mac Photo Booth using the cool Flickr API, Flickrbooth.

We're going to be learning a lot over the next few weeks, but the technology that excites me the most is learning about podcasts. I've heard (and seen - is it still a podcast if you've seen it?) a lot of great podcasts from SirsiDynix Institute, Library of Congress, and many other places. I think it's a great way to reach potential customers and educate them what the library has to offer. Hopefully it's a technology we can incorporate at PBCLS.

J

P.S. You may have noticed the slide show I've posted. Be sure to check out the Flickr account for the Library of Congress.

No comments: