Monday, July 7, 2008

Heard any good books lately?

About 5 months after I started working at the library I discovered the link on our website to our Digital Media Collection. A brand new world was opened up to me. I start downloading books onto my Creative Zen starting with Chris Anderson's book, The Long Tail. From then on, I was hooked. Sadly, though, my pusher has officially cut me off. 3 months ago I switched from a PC to a Mac, and now the Overdrive audiobook people are trying to feed me some line about Digital Rights Management and incompatibility. Maybe someday these two crazy kids will be able to work things out and I'll be able to get my sweet, precious books once again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Overdrive has said they are going to release DRM-free audiobooks - which will play on iPods - to libraries. But there is no telling when that will actually be available via my favorite library system's web site.